xxxx

No evidence of misconduct: Bachelor in Paradise will resume

Bachelor in Paradise will resume filming after an internal studio investigation found that a videotape “does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member” or show that any cast member “was ever in jeopardy,” Warner Bros. announced in a statement Tuesday.The studio behind ABC’s popular Bachelor franchise has been officially mum on the details regarding the alleged incident of misconduct on set in Mexico. But after production halted last week, TMZ and Entertainment Tonight reported that the incident took place in a pool between two specific contestants. A Los Angeles Times reporter writing a book about The Bachelor tweeted that a producer who witnessed the incident filed a complaint.“Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident,” reads the statement from Warner Bros. “We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy. Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show’s policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.”The studio added, “We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our number one concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly.”Last week, contestants Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson released statements as their names surfaced in reports about what led to the production suspension.Article Continued Below“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” Jackson said in a statement to People. “I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”Olympios called what happened on set as her “worst nightmare” and hired powerful Hollywood lawyer Marty Singer.“Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production,” Olympios said in a statement last week.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx